PaperCut Web enables users to send printing jobs from a non-SGUL networked device, provided you have a username and password that allows you access to SGUL computers.
This includes access from NHS Trust computers, your own computer at home or any mobile device with an internet connection.
Note: not all file types can be sent from home. See the list of file types displayed on the right (or below if you are viewing this on a mobile device).
1.Go to https://print.sgul.ac.uk/user and log in using your username and password. Select Web Print.
2. From the Web Print page, select Submit a Job
3. You will be asked to select whether you want to print in colour (colour duplex) or black and white (mono duplex). Select your preferred print option and then, select the Print options and Account Selection button.
4. In the next tab, type the number of copies you want to print. Then select Upload Documents
Note: The choice you make will apply to all documents that you upload for printing.
5. Select files to upload by dragging a document into the grey box, or using the Upload from computer function. When you've added the files, select Upload & Complete.
Warning: If you hit back on the browser or 'Print Options' you will lose the files that you have chosen and will have to restart the step.
6. PaperCut will list all the jobs that you have sent to the printer and the cost of each job. To complete the process, log in to any networked printer with your ID card (or by manually inputting your user name and password) then select the jobs you wish to print.
There is a top-up machine located in the Computer Rooms next to the Library. Tap your ID card on the reader or manually type in your username and password to check your printing balance.
If the machine does not recognise your card, follow the instructions above to register your card on a printer first.
Members of library staff can top up your account for you if necessary.
Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm