Books can be borrowed from the shelves using our self-service machines. If all copies of a book that you want are out on loan you can reserve a copy by placing a hold. See the step by step guide and 'how-to' video at the bottom of the page
You can borrow books for 1 week or 3 weeks
- 1 week loans have 'Week Loan' labels on the spine.
- Print journals and books marked 'Reference only' cannot be borrowed.
Your loans will be automatically renewed until the expiry of your library membership (this needs to be renewed yearly)
- To manage your account, view your loans and check your fines, sign in to Hunter using the Sign In option in the top right-hand corner.
- NHS staff can obtain their library account login by emailing email@example.com
Renewing is not always successful, these are the main reasons why:
- An item will not be renewed if another person has reserved it
- You cannot renew any items if you have outstanding fines of £10 or more
Remember! If items are lost, damaged or returned late you will have to pay a fine or charge:
- Overdue fines (per day): 20p per day on recalled items.
- An invoice for the cost of replacement will be issued for non-returned, lost or damaged items.
Follow the instructions in the below video to find the book you need in Hunter
1. Place your book(s) on the glass plate.
2. Scan the barcode on your ID card.
3. Press the 'Check out' option on the screen.
4. When finished, press 'Print receipt' or 'E-mail receipt' to find out when your books are due back.
When finished with your book(s), return them using the book return slot outside of the library
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.