Your SGUL login (username and password) are required to:
- Login to computers on the SGUL network (eg. in the Computer Rooms)
- Register your SGUL ID card on the multi-functional devices (printers).
- Login to your university email
- Login to Canvas
- Login to the SGUL Portal
- Access WiFi at SGUL
- Access e-resources offsite (See our short YouTube tutorial)
To access e-resources such as journals, books or databases offsite you will usually need to login. Watch our YouTube tutorial above for a short demonstration.
1. Look for an option that says Institutional Login, Login via your institution or Shibboleth.
2. Select UK Access Management Federation if asked.
3. Then search for, or select from the list, St George’s, University of London.
4. Then enter your SGUL login details.
The WiFi network at St George's, University of London is called eduroam.
Your username for accessing the WiFi is your full SGUL email address (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org) with your usual password.
Eduroam can be accessed in the Library, halls of residence and other locations in Hunter Wing, for more information and instructions on how to connect to eduroam visit the JRS for SGUL Members (eduroam, vpn, jrs, wireless) pages on the SGUL Portal (SGUL login required).
The Library has also produced a handy guide for Connecting to Eduroam via your mobile device (Android or iOS).
You can receive your University email direct to your phone (with most smart phones).
For more information and set-up guides visit the Mobile and tablets page on the SGUL Portal (SGUL login required).
Check out the Library Blog to read reviews of key healthcare and study related apps.
See the Help pages of the Library website for detailed download instructions for apps such as BMJ Best Practice and DynaMed Plus.
Learning material and information that supports your modules will be posted in Canvas, your VLE. It is important that you login on a regular basis.
For help and support with your VLE contact your course administrator or module lead in the first instance. For technical difficulties, contact email@example.com
Can't see the SGUL Library module on your Canvas Dashboard?
This short video will show you how to self-enrol: